Xavi; Lionel Messi Is More Intelligent Than Cristiano Ronaldo

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF - La Liga
Barcelona legend Xavi believes the decisive difference between his former teammate Lionel Messi and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is the Argentine's footballing brain
and fitness levels.
The two have split the last eight FIFA Ballon d'Or awards between them, with five going Messi's way and Xavi, who now plays in Qatar for Al Sadd, believes he knows why he has edged the Portuguese star in recent times.
FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF - La Liga
"Ronaldo is a goalscorer," he told the New Arab. "And Messi is also a goalscorer; however, Messi is a much better team player than Ronaldo.
"I think Messi is the best footballer in the world. In football, there are two important elements: fitness and intelligence.
"Ronaldo is very fit but Messi has both the fitness as well as the intelligence, so simply put he is better."
Messi has also commented on the constant comparisons between himself and Ronaldo ahead of Real Madrid's trip to the Nou Camp next Saturday.
FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF - La Liga
"The press looks to compare among other things. All I want is to help my team to grow each season," Messi told MBC according to Sport.
"I don't compare myself to Cristiano nor to anyone. I only try to think of me, of my