Popular Eagles Player Weds in Ibadan



Super Eagles midfielder, Moses Simon, on Tuesday in Ibadan tied the nuptial knot with his wife, Ibukun Adenuga, as he thanked coach Sunday Oliseh for giving him the opportunity to represent Nigeria.

At the event which took place at the Civic Centre Ibadan, former Eagles star, Tijani Babangida, and media officer of the team, Toyin Ibitoye, were present. Also present were Russia- based Sylvester Igbonu, Slovakia-based Kingsley Madu, Joshua Oboje and former Shooting Stars player, Rasheed Olabiyi, who now plays in the America’s Major League Soccer.


Simon, who plays for AA Gent in the Belgian league, gave gratitude to God for the success of the day, revealing that his wife was a great asset, a sister and confidant to him.

The 20-year-old said, “I thank God for this day and for the life of my wife. She is everything to me and God has a purpose for bringing us together. I also thank coach Oliseh for the opportunity he gave me to play for Nigeria and get international exposure. I also thank all my friends who stand with me all the time.”

In his message to the couple, Ibitoye urged them to always look up to God and be committed to the union.

He said, “To be successful in marriage, you need to be committed to your life and see yourself as one. You are a blessing to others and you must always show that in whatever you do. Marriage is a sacred union and you must defend it at all times. I also call on the husband to always be a good ambassador of Nigeria and the Super Eagles.”