2015: Aggrieved Accord Party member faults candidates’ selection process

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Accord-Party-logo.jpg
An Accord Party aspirant for Ibadan North West/South West Federal Constituency, Mr Opeyemi Fatola, has faulted the selection process that threw up the candidate of the party for the same constituency in the forthcoming general election, claiming that the candidate was chosen in bad faith and that his candidacy may spell doom for the party in the election.

Speaking to Sunday Tribune at his campaign office in Ring Road, Ibadan, on Saturday, Mr Fatola affirmed the importance of organising a free and fair primary election to allow every contestant test their popularity, disclosing that this laxity in Accord Party would definitely affect its performance in the election, since “It selected candidates rather than allow them emerge through a competitive elective process.”

“Before I joined Accord, I had and still nurture a solidarity group, Opeyemi Fatola Solidarity Group. When I joined the party, I incorporated the group into the party. I was told prior to my joining the party that your contribution to it would determine your fate, but that is not so.
“I gave out scholarships to over 200 students in colleges of education. I put over 150 children of Accord Party members in high-class schools in Ibadan and also paid their school fees; I organised free eye test and brought in medical experts from the United States of America to treat over 500 patients here in Ibadan, yet another person was chosen, and Senator Ladoja, who is our party leader, didn’t deem it fit to talk about it or address the anomaly.”